Thread: Essential Skills - Partner Work Visa (Family Stream)

Default Essential Skills - Partner Work Visa (Family Stream)

Hi Guys,

I will be applying for my visa shortly. My husband hold an Essential Skills Work Visa. I was wondering whether I would need to have originals as proof of relationship? We have been married for 7 years and living together for the whole time. We have two kids together as well.

With regards to the proof, I have lease agreements, joint bank account statements, joint email account. Is there anything else that you would suggest that I provide and is it ok if I have these as copies. I had to email them to myself when we left SA and can either print them off or will have to get them couriered which is costly and will take ages.....

Thanks so much

Hi guys,
    Sorry to jump into this thread....but just wanted to let you know that our house is still available for rent if your interested! Other family having probs with they're visa's now and not sure if they're going to get them. Feel free to message me if your interested....Cheers Mel (Stokes Valley House NZ

I suggest you check with the INZ office where you will be submitting what they require. They often do need to see originals, particularly if this is your first visa as a partner.

Generally speaking, for temporary visas, copies of partnership evidence are okay - although some originals would be good. For a temporay work visa as a patner, you only need otprovide a mzimum of one year's relationship - so you probably have some originals of recent documents. Useful documents are offical letters - utility bills, IRD letters, invoices etc. Try to spread what you send across the last 12 months, with something every month or so - then you might get a two year visa rather than one year. A few photos and letters from freinds etc can be useful too. Good luck!