Thread: Proof of living together

Default Proof of living together

Hi all,

I'm a Kiwi living in Germany with my German partner, we've been living together for over two years. We are in the process of pulling everything together to apply for a partnership residence visa for him at the moment and I have got a question about proving your address. We don't have any joint accounts etc. so are having to rely on each of us submitting mail that came to the same address.

My issue is that I have done everything I can to avoid receiving paper mail and so I receive all my bills via pdfs online or through email. I have spent the last day printing off things for every month for the last 18 months and then started to wonder whether that would even be acceptable proof of having the same address? I read this on the INZ website (http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...tnership.htm):

Evidence of partnership may be provided by:
    marriage certificate (if married)
    civil union certificate (if in a civil union)
    proof of shared residence (such as joint mortgage or tenancy agreements or rent book)
    financial dependence or interdependence (proof of shared income or bank accounts, or accounts that show money transfers to or from your account to your partner’s account)
    birth certificates of your children
    any documents showing public or family recognition of your relationship
    correspondence (including postmarked envelopes) to you and your partner at the same address
    photographs of you and your partner together
    evidence of the duration of your relationship
    the degree of commitment to a shared life
    evidence of communication between you both
    evidence of you being committed to each other emotionally and exclusively, such as evidence of joint decision making, an exclusive sexual relationship, and the sharing of household duties, parental responsibility, and spare time

Obviously I'm not going to have postmarked envelopes if I'm printing everything.

Does anyone know whether having addressed bills but not their stamped envelopes is going to be a problem?

Thanks
    Rosie

Here's a thread http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44854 where one applicant was told electronic statements weren't good enough, but others have had a different experience and had them accepted, and there are suggestions of what to do in order to get round the difficulty.

OK that could be a problem...

I do have my work payslips for every month, it would certainly be possible for work to stamp them all and then I can submit the whole pile... but then all my proof of address is coming from one source. Is that also likely to be a problem?

My bank does not send out statements, and as it is an online bank they do not have a branch where I can get anything stamped as proof, and my mobile phone company will under no conditions provide printed statements either.

You can't provide what you haven't got. Just show as willing as you can and provide evidence from as many sources as possible to cover the time you've been together as thoroughly as possible.