Thread: Silver Fern Job Search Visa

Exclamation Silver Fern Job Search Visa

Hello everbody!

I'm a NZ newbie from Germany. I am 24 y.o. and currently a (working) student and I have a few (or maybe more...) questions about the Silver Fern Job Search Visa.
    I'll just list them and hope somebody is able to answer them.

1) Does the job/acadamic degree assessment take place AFTER the application?
    2) The application starts on 20th November and if the visa is granted you have 6 months to enter NZ (for the first time). Do these 6 months count from the 20th November (because if you get a place it will probably be on this day) or from the day when you've sent in all your documents etc. and the visa is really issued/granted?
    3) Which documents do I need to have by the 20th November?

I know the immigration page to the SLFV, but these questions remain.

Can somebody help me, please?

Hi.
    1.You need at least a PAR (preliminary Assessment for your degree if it's not Listed in Appendix 3). you own't have tme to get an IQA before 20 November, but a PAR shoudl only take 20 days - see http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...ssment-result/.
    2. You have 6 months to enter NZ after you have been granted a Silver Fern Visa. If you are lucky enough to be amongst the 300, you then have a few (4 from memory) months in which to gather the evidence to prove what you said when you applied.
    3. By 20th November, you need the PAR as mentioned above. You wil need access to your passport number and expiry date, credit card details, a secondary form of ID e.g. driving licencne or birth certificate. I would strongly advise that you create your login ready. However, this year, there will be no opportunity to pre-fill the form. I haven't seen the 2014 form of course, but this would have been useful last year. You usually get about 5 minutes before all the places have gone. Good luck!