Thread: Query about Level 7 and Level 9 points and Level 7 bonus points

Default Query about Level 7 and Level 9 points and Level 7 bonus points

Hi all,

After a long time, I am now active in the forum. I tried for NZ with 120 points 2 years ago. It was very rare to be selected in that time.

However, I will try this time.
    So far my total points will be now 140.

Age- 33.5 year : 25 points
    Education- 3 years Bachelor of Science (Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics) (if Level 7)and 2 Years M.Sc. Computer Science and Engineering (If Level 9) : 60 points
    Work Experience (10 Years) : 30 points
    Bonus points for education (Level 7) under area of absolute skill shortage (LTSSL): 10 points
    Bonus points for work experience under area of absolute skill shortage (LTSSL): 15 points

My question is- if I directly go for IQA assessment with my B.Sc. and M.Sc. education and achieve level 7 and level 9 and mention those in EOI -

1) Shall I get the 60 points for recognized education in EOI result?

2) Shall I get the bonus points (10 for education and 15 for Work Experience) in EOI result since B.Sc. is level 7 ?

3) or the case officer will deduct my bonus points when he/she will see M.Sc. (Level 9) even though there is B.Sc. (Level 7) mentioned?

I am confused regarding this matter.

Can any expert share the experience or put suggestion here?

Thanks
    Shooter

Hi Shooter. You wil get your 140 points if your bachelor degree comes back as Level 7, so long as it is deemed comparable to one of the NZ qualifications on the LTSSL for your occupation (rather than as a generic Level 7) and your Masters degree comes back as Level 9. If you meet the requirements for the LTSSL then all your work experience (assuming it is relevant) will count. If not, then it may not gain points if it was undertaken in Bangladesh, as this is not considered a Comparable Labour Market. However, once the IQA comes back you will know. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    Hi Shooter. You wil get your 140 points if your bachelor degree comes back as Level 7, so long as it is deemed comparable to one of the NZ qualifications on the LTSSL for your occupation (rather than as a generic Level 7) and your Masters degree comes back as Level 9. If you meet the requirements for the LTSSL then all your work experience (assuming it is relevant) will count. If not, then it may not gain points if it was undertaken in Bangladesh, as this is not considered a Comparable Labour Market. However, once the IQA comes back you will know. Good luck!
    Thanks Karen Phillips for valuable comments.

Regards
    Shooter

Some more details to get feedback -

Education: Bachelor of Science (Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics) (Year 2000 - 2003) from Bangalore University, India.

M.Sc. Computer Science and Engineering (48 Credits, awarded in 2014 ) from Stamford University in Bangladesh. ( I studied M.Sc. at Evening time after my office work. )

Work Experience 1: Unit System Administrator( 1st Jan'2005 to 14th May'2012, 7 Years 4.5 months), under a local reputed company in Bangladesh.

Work Experience 2: IT Associate ( 16th May'2012 to September'2013, 1 Year 4.5 Months) , under UNDP in Bangladesh and its headquarter is located in USA.

Work Experience 3: IT Support Engineer ( October'2013 to till now, 1 year), in an IT organization in Bangladesh and its headquarter is in Norway.

This December'2014 my total work experience will fall in 10 years.

If I submit IQA before December'2014 , shall INZ count my work experience below 10 years in future? Or it will be wise to wait till 31st December'2014 to complete 10 years work experience and in January'2015 IQA can be submitted ?

Seniors, Please suggest.

Regards
    Shooter

You can't claim in advance for anything. So yes, you must wait till December, 2014, to claim 10 years' experience.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You can't claim in advance for anything. So yes, you must wait till December, 2014, to claim 10 years' experience.
    Thanks JandM.