Thread: Partnership resident visa

Question Partnership resident visa

Hi.

I'm new here and like other new comers I came here to ask some advice.

I applied my husband for partnership residence visa last week of September and we got an email from his case officer asking for more evidences such as the original copy of our tenancy agreement because we only provided the photocopy one, not a certified copy. The problem is when we asked our agent and the house owner both of them cannot provide the original copy as it got lost during postage. The house owner made a new backdated contract as he told us it is legal to backdate if the original contract got lost. I'm reluctant about this but eventually we passed the contract to INZ branch as we are running out of time and I sent an email to the case officer about our difficult situation. Another problem is he was told that he committed potential prejudicial information as he ticked "no" when he was asked if he has been refused a visa before. My husband was refused for visa twice when he was in the Philippines and details about this information are visible in his immigration online account and so there's no way that he will intend to mislead them. It's just a mistake but I'm so scared about the result. My husband and I waited for 3 years before he came, for 3 years we didn't see each other and now that he's here I'm scared about what will be the outcome. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by jenrak; 13th October 2014 at 09:30 PM.

I have read almost 50 pages from this thread but I haven't encountered any answers.

Hi. First of all, the new tenancy agreement should be fine if it has come from the landlord and he has signed the version you sent in to INZ. It is not uncommon to make mistakes when applying for visas. It is important to tell the Case Officer by email that this was a genuine mistake and offer your (husband's) apologies. If there are no other issues and there is no reason to believe that your husband was deliberately avoiding the truth, you should be fine all being well. Try not to worry. You could offer to provide an affidavit (sworn declaration) that this was a genuine mistake. As these are free to get witnessed in NZ, it might not be a bad idea - but ask the Case Officer if it would help. Good luck!

I've been waiting for 2 hours for someone to give me their ideas about this situation. It's just so painful thinking about the worst scenario like deportation. Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry you're worrying, and have been waiting. But please remember that this forum is just a place where ordinary people share information. There isn't a staff manning the place. It can happen that people who know what you want to know about aren't online at the same time as you, especially as we're from many different parts of the world and there can be time differences.

Hi dear,

Sounds you will be fine. I had made a similar error by ticking "no" to the visa decline question. I was advised by Karen to simply write a letter saying it was a genuine clerical error with no intentions to deceive or withhold any information. In addition to that, kindly apologise regarding the error you made. I am pretty sure INZ will understand. If sworn declaration is required, do so. To my experience, you should be fine without any worries. Good luck!!

My husband's residency has been approved today, on his birthday. Best birthday gift so far!! Thank you for you suggestions guys. This forum is really helpful.