Thread: Newbie..wanna relocate to NZunder SMC

Default Newbie..wanna relocate to NZunder SMC

hi all,

I am new to this forum... joined today.. I have been following almost all the discussions about Residence Visa under SMC. I am awaiting PAR to proceed with EOI.
    In case if my EOI is selected and I apply for my Res visa based on ITA, I would like to know at what stage whether INZ will verify my details with my present employer.
    Will they ever disclose from where do they call and what purpose they are verifying or how? The basic reason is, I don't want my employer to know about my plans.

Thanks to all out there..

If your present job is part of what you are submitting as work experience, to gain you points for your ITA, you will have to give evidence of that. What the evidence is can vary from one person or job to another. It might be possible to show where you work and what the requirements, your responsibilities and your salary are by means of your contract or the original advertisement from which you got the job. But sooner or later, INZ will require to contact someone for confirmation that the paperwork is genuine.