Thread: visa entry date

Default visa entry date

Hi
    Ive just been granted my essential skills visa for nz which is a big step towards our new adventure but the only issue I have is the entry expiry date for me its not a issue as ill be in nz by this date which is 29th of December but as my wife and children wont be coming out until February its a problem does anybody on here come across this before and how do I get the date changed
    Many thanks scott

Hi Scott
    It would have been easier to tell the Case Officer in advance that you needed extra time for entry. (I know it's too late for you to do this but someone else might benefit.) Contact the Case Officer by email, explain te problem and they can almost certianly change it for you. If for any reason you don't have the Case Officer details, let me know by Private Message and I will make a call to INZ London for you (No charge!). Karen

Hi
    I contacted the case officer and explained my situation through an email and what I got back was its to late to change the date but when I enter nz and activate my visa I can then apply to have the dates changed but need to fill out forms for each of the visas and pay I think its £55 for each visa plus £18 courier fees each and the form I need to fill out doesn't have a section for my reason to change the date so I have to then put a letter on each of the visas to explain why I need to change the date The form is inz1023 which I need to fill out
    Many thanks scott

Hi. Oh - that is a pain! The usual fee for a transfer of a visa in the UK (using INZ1023) is £55 per visa + £18 VAC fee per visa plus one courier fee for all the visas of £6.30. I guess it's a useful lesson for others who might find themselves in a similar position.

Hi Karen
    Is this the only way I can sort this out or is there something eles I can do to rectify this issue
    Many thanks scott

Hi again. I hadn't forgotten you but I hadn't had the opportunity to check. I am afraid that it is the only way you can sort it out - and worse than that, the fee is £85 + £18 per person, not £55. For anyone else out there, for some, but not all categories of visa, you can request a little more time to get to NZ when you send in your application. This doesn’t apply to Work to Residence Visas though, for example. Sorry!!

Hi Karen
    Thank you for your reply sounds like a headache but once im in new zealand ill take care of it then
    Many thanks scott