Thread: Hello guys, my residence application was sent back

Question Hello guys, my residence application was sent back

Hello everyone.
    Today they sent back my residence application, they need more info, one of them was police certificate, but on the last application(from Nov.2013) i provided them a police certificate, why they need that again??? its even not a year yet. Im just a bit confused..
    Its kind of urgent.

Thanks everyone giving me the answers

pcc valid for 6 months only.

Under the regulations here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41439.htm, your previous police certificate should be acceptable, but if they want another one they should state the reason for needing it. I presume they didn't give any reason? If not, it could be that the official checking your residence application overlooked the fact that you'd had a previous visa application within the time limit. In your place, I would reply quickly, point it out, and say it looks as though your old certificate should be in line with the rules.

If you are currently holding a temporary visa and you are applying for SMC residence visa, you need to submit PCC of less than 6 months old. The PCC of more than 6 months can only be used for further temporary visa not residence visa unless it is a partnership or dependent visa.

She's applying from a partner-sponsored work visa to get partner-sponsored Residence, so that is covered under A5.10 d iv.

yep J&M is correct. The lodgement officer at INZ clearly doesn't know this instruction, Send the application back again with a note saying that' as per Instruction A5.10 d iv. its not required. if it was lodged via a VAC, they wouldn't know and just be looking for a PC when they see a residence application.

HI how r u
    Sorry i didn't read the letter properly, i only provided a notarial police certificate, it said i needed to provided them a local police letter with English translate, but it said the letter has to be less than 6 months when it is issued, the notarial police certificate is already over 6months, can i just get a new police letter and notarize it again? Just make a brand new one for NZI.
    Because i asked my mum to do that for me from my home country, she has to send to me, i dont want to make any mistakes.
    Thank you

Thank you guys for replying, i appreciate it!