Thread: Question about New Zealand registration requirements

Default Question about New Zealand registration requirements

Hi,

I'm applying for work to residence visa from accredited employer and I have question about some section in visa application checklist : Evidence that I have met or am able to meet any necessary New Zealand registration requirements.
    I received job offer and employment agreement from future employer and inside my job is entitled as Interiors Finishers and they had problems with that in the beggining of making the contract and now they put that description of my job and is that enough or do I have to ask for additional evidence or what?

I'm short on time and employer wants me in NZ asap and just thinking they did everything alright about that. Maybe they have that all sorted out with becoming accredited employer?

Thank you for your time and kind regards

Evidence that I have met or am able to meet any necessary New Zealand registration requirements.
    The list is general, meant to cover anything that an applicant for ANY kind of job may have to supply. In your case, you need not worry about this item, because Interiors Finishers do not have any organization in NZ that you have to register with in order to follow your career, whereas for instance, teachers, lawyers, nurses, etc., all have to meet the requirements of their NZ professional organizations before they can get jobs in NZ, even if they are fully qualified in their original country.

Thank you for that information.

My husband and I are both teachers. He's managed to nab a teaching job that starts in January so we're currently doing the waiting game with the NZQA and the Teacher Registration. We've just had our skills assessed and our Teacher Registration application arrived at their offices last week. They have said it will take 4 to 6 weeks for the registration to come through if no extra information is needed, but we need to get our visa sent off before then! We're going to apply for the Essential Skills visa and, as in the post above, they say that we need to supply 'Evidence that I have met or am able to meet any necessary New Zealand registration requirements.'

Does that mean we can apply for our visa before we get the Teacher Council result? If so, what type of evidence would we need to send off to show that we meet the requirements?

you could apply, but you application cant be considered until you provide evidence of your registration.

but we need to get our visa sent off before then!
    I'm afraid you're thinking of things backwards. The employer wanting him to start at the beginning of term comes down the pecking order after New Zealand immigration law, which says registration, then visa, and only start when those are in place.