Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: An area of absolute skills shortage

Hi. Well done! I would allow 8 weeks if I were you. Just a tip for when you submit your resdience application - don't put everything in separate covers - INZ hate this - it really increases the amount of time required to deal with each document. I find that separating out the sections with a sheet of coloured paper works well. I always include a cover letter which ends with a table listing all the enclosures in the order they are placed - everything to do with the PA's ID, anything needed for the local VAC, then the visa application, medical and chest x-ray, police certificates, then anything to do with a job offer etc, then everything to do with previous employment, then qualifications. I then do the same for the partner (if any), then for each child (if any), finally a seperate section for partnerhsip evidence which I place in date order and provide a front sheet listing all the evidence with dates. If you also ensure you submit a photocopy (doesn't need to be certified) of any original documents, this also saves time for INZ. Every minute of time each applicant saves adds up to help speed up the processing of everyone's applications. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    Hi. Well done! I would allow 8 weeks if I were you. Just a tip for when you submit your resdience application - don't put everything in separate covers - INZ hate this - it really increases the amount of time required to deal with each document. I find that separating out the sections with a sheet of coloured paper works well. I always include a cover letter which ends with a table listing all the enclosures in the order they are placed - everything to do with the PA's ID, anything needed for the local VAC, then the visa application, medical and chest x-ray, police certificates, then anything to do with a job offer etc, then everything to do with previous employment, then qualifications. I then do the same for the partner (if any), then for each child (if any), finally a seperate section for partnerhsip evidence which I place in date order and provide a front sheet listing all the evidence with dates. If you also ensure you submit a photocopy (doesn't need to be certified) of any original documents, this also saves time for INZ. Every minute of time each applicant saves adds up to help speed up the processing of everyone's applications. Hope this helps.
    Yes Karen. We have planned exactly to do the same for our ITA submission. Documents were delivered to IQA today(thx to DHL) and the clock starts now

Thanks for your sharing nms.sun3. We are also in the midst of gathering the documents and getting our full nzqa assessment!
    May I kindly know where did you get all the required documents certified in Singapore?

All the best on your ITA!

Quote Originally Posted by debisalso View Post
    Thanks for your sharing nms.sun3. We are also in the midst of gathering the documents and getting our full nzqa assessment!
    May I kindly know where did you get all the required documents certified in Singapore?

Hi there,

I used Hilborne & Co (Tel: 63362882), and Mallal & Namazie (Tel: 6225 6511). The former is at Peninsula Plaza while the latter at Robinson Road. Both of them charged me $5.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by debisalso View Post

I had my documents notarized when i was in my home country. You can also checkout the law offices located in the CPF building in Tampines. Friend of mine had it done cheaper.

We went to Peninsular Plaza too. There were quite few lawyers in that building so you can just pick one.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234