I have graduated from a University in NZ - I completed my degree entirely in NZ.
Currently on Post-study work visa.

My job is not to do with my major / my job is not in an area where there is a skill shortage.

Note: I don't think I will be able to find employment in an area which has a skill shortage, my current employer is highly likely to be unaccredited.

I have a partner who I have been with for a year.
- Although we sleep together 5/7 nights a week, my partner is not involved on the tenancy agreement and the landlord is unaware my partner stays often.
- We are moving in together and at the time of my Post-study work visa expiring, we would have spent roughly 4 months living together.

What are my options? Please help me as I love this country and really want to build my life here.

A few questions:

In the best case scenario I do get a visa, if it involves my partner how long does this attachment exist? If say, this gave me.. 24 months to stay and work in NZ - allowing me time to find a job which has a skills shortage/is accredited can this visa be changed so that I am a resident without this attachment to my partner?

I only ask as obviously the symbolic bind of a government enforced 'contract' taints any relationship, also the dread of losing ones partner magnifies when you also lose the ability to stay in New Zealand - I do not like to feel completely dependent on other people, be it family or my partner.