Thread: CO changed or second person check????

Default CO changed or second person check????

Hi,

I have applied under SMC and lodged my file on 31st October 2013 in wellington branch. CO assinged in Feb 2014. And my employer got the questionnaire and he replied back on 13th april. Since then my CO haven't updated anything.. Not even asked for further documentation!!

My advisor contacted him 2-3 times and he replied that he is in middle of the assessment and will update soon. Again 2-3 months later no reply!! Then my advisor lodged a complaint to immigration manager. And then we got the email from another immigration officer saying. " Your case has been allocated to me for further assessment"" and given the due date for assessment and said he will update after that ..

So I am really confused that is my CO has been changed or The file has been passed over for second person check..????????Because next week it will be exactly 1 year for the lodgement of file... And its still PENDING.......

Thanx for ur help!!!!!

We aren't Immigration NZ - we don't actually know anything to tell you.

My guess is that, following your adviser's complaint about the long time that had been taken, your case has been given to another CO to look through and finish off. But that's ONLY a guess.

And you're not alone in having an application take a year and more - it happens. The timings INZ gives are only ever their best guess based on the average of how things have been running lately, never a promise.