3 100.00%
  • Your answer

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partnership visa

Default Partnership visa

Hi all ,

I need some information about partner visa. Really confused !
    I am in a relationship with nz citizen for almost 3 months now.
    We were thinking about applying for work visa under partner category, and then residence.
    Now problem is that my girlfriend was married but separated now for over 2 years now, but she is not divorced yet !
    So my question is that is it possible if she would be able to sponsor me even thought she hasn't got her divorce?
    Any help would be really appreciated .
    Thanx a lot
    Garry

Yes INZ aren't interested in the divorce. They only want to be satisfied that you are in a genuine relationship. So plenty of evidence of your living together is needed. (A marriage certificate doesn't normally add any value either as it doesn't prove you are living together. You don't have to be divorced to live together!

Yes, plenty of proof of different kinds. See old threads for ideas https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof, as well as INZ's suggestions.

So sorry for late reply and thanks a lot for responding to my question.
    I got my open work visa under partnership category. my case officer just asked me to send more proofs of our relationship. so i send recent conversation, photos and few letters from friends.

Now I'm sure for residency under partnership we have to show that we been living together for 12 months. but what do you guys think do I really have to wait for another 10 months to apply for residency or I can apply sooner.
    thanks guys.

When will it be 12 months that you have been living together, that you can prove by evidence?

Hi, well we been together since February 2014, but never collected any evidence, just few photos.
    We started living together September end 2013, and opened an joint bank account. By the time we applied for partnership work visa , we had enough evidence.
    So I would say September 2015 is when we can prove 12 months living together requirement.
    Now do you think we should wait till September 2015 or we could apply earlier?
    Thanks

As I said, the crucial point is that you can PROVE, with EVIDENCE YOU CAN SUBMIT TO INZ, the time you have spent living together. Although you know that you moved in before last September, and you know you are honest people, INZ have to require you to meet the regulations, and demonstrate that you do, by providing evidence. They do not take anything on trust, because there are crooks trying to get visas as well as you - 'Oh, yes, Mr Fraudster, I believe everything you tell me and don't bother to send any proof,' just doesn't happen! As far as INZ are concerned, according to your own say-so and evidence, you have a partnership dating from September 2014, so it's a waste of time trying to claim for any time before that.

You should be aware that people who are already on a work visa don't have any kind of priority when applying for Residence. It's as if INZ are thinking, 'He's already here and working - these other people need their visa so they can get here and start earning, so we'll deal with them first.' It often happens that someone who has a Residence application in will see a long time passing with no apparent action. If it then gets to be about eight weeks from when their work visa will run out, and they contact INZ to say so, and ask if their Residence is likely to arrive, or should they apply for a further work visa, a sudden flurry of action happens and their Residence is approved within the next few days.

Yes you are right. We don't mind waiting, I like to do things in proper way anyways.
    Will get back to you if need any further information
    Thanks

I,d be lodging your residence application as soon as you can, with the earliest evidence of when you began living together, evidence that you are currently living together and a timeline of your relationship from when you fist began living together till now. INZ can defer a decision until you satisfy them that you have lived together for 12 monthd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast