Thread: Visa label transfer

Default Visa label transfer

Hi,
    So I am a PR visa holder with blue sticker in my passport.

The thing is my old passport (with visa sticker) has expired last August and I have not transferred the visa to my new passport yet.

Since I am planning to travel over to Australia next year for a week, I was just wondering if there will be given any fines or penalties as I attempt to transfer my visa to new passport.
    It kinda worries me as it says "transfer visa to your new passport as soon as possible" or something on the visa sticker.

or can I just pay for the visa transfer fee and happily get my sticker on the new passport regardless of how long it has been since the passport expiry date?

Thank you

I've never heard of any penalties because of this.

I sent mine in for transfer after it expired. It was a few weeks expired and there was no penalty. If you are worried because you need to budget for that possible expense, call your nearest office and ask. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...or.htm?level=1

Quote Originally Posted by yyou017 View Post
    Hi,
    So I am a PR visa holder with blue sticker in my passport.

The thing is my old passport (with visa sticker) has expired last August and I have not transferred the visa to my new passport yet.

Since I am planning to travel over to Australia next year for a week, I was just wondering if there will be given any fines or penalties as I attempt to transfer my visa to new passport.
    It kinda worries me as it says "transfer visa to your new passport as soon as possible" or something on the visa sticker.

or can I just pay for the visa transfer fee and happily get my sticker on the new passport regardless of how long it has been since the passport expiry date?

Thank you

Your passport expiring has no effect on your status and thus there are no penalties whatsoever. A friend renewed his passport after 3 years recently and got his PR visa label transferred.

yes indeed. Assuming its the PRV you have, it never expires (only the passport) The notation with it is correctly " please apply for transfer when passport expires" You can do it whenever you like. You cant though travel on an expired apssport

When I changed my resident visa to a permanent resident visa there were several people doing exactly this: bringing in an expired passport and a new one, in order to get a new "blue sticker" for the new (valid) passport. It took minutes at the Auckland Central INZ office on Queen Street.