Thread: 511112 Project Coordinator?

Default 511112 Project Coordinator?

Hi all,

Just been having a look into residency etc. (just out of curiosity, and for the future) and checking whether I could possible qualify as having 'skilled employment'.

So I checked appendix 6 and found 'Program or Project Administrator', and then checked ANZSCO, which says another title is 'Project Coordinator'. I've found a few forum posts on this, but they all relate to construction or IT. I'm interested in knowing whether this could ever apply to Project Managers/Coordinators who work in translation and localisation (which is what I do).

I don't have qualifications, and barely have a years' experience, but i'm just interested to know.
    Here are the duties listed, and how this applies to my work (whatever's between parenthesis doesn't apply to me) :

developing, reviewing and negotiating variations to [contracts, programs,] projects [and services]
    responding to inquiries and resolving problems concerning [contracts, programs,] projects, [services provided,] and persons affected
    managing paperwork associated with [contracts, programs,] projects [and services provided]
    working with Project Managers [, Architects, Engineering Professionals,] owners and others to ensure that goals are met
    advising senior management on matters requiring attention and implementing their decisions
    overseeing work by contractors and reporting on variations to work orders
    preparing and reviewing submissions and reports concerning the organisation's activities
    collecting and analysing data associated with projects undertaken, and reporting on project outcomes
    [reviewing and arranging new office accommodation]

Here's the description from my work's job ad for a Project Coordinator:
    1. Scope and manage new jobs from both local and foreign overseas companies and communicating to clients about requirements
    2. manage work from foreign clients and foster and develop client relationships
    3. keep a global perspective on jobs while producing detailed job plans
    4. multitask proficiently and work under pressure with excellent time management and organisational skills
    5. communicate effectively
    6. use MS office suite to advanced level
    7. quickly learn and adapt to different types of software

If I did qualify, then this would mean I could get 150 points (age, outside Auckland, offer, 12 months NZ experience, Uni degree, partner in skilled work).

As mentioned, this is early days, and i'm not even sure if my work qualifies, but I just wanted to check

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!

Hi. It seems like this ANZSCO code could work for you. There are several different jobs within the generic code, so the reference ot Contracts is irrelevant (that's 511111) and it then says Program or Project, so I think you should be okay. I can't be 100% certain without knowing more, but it looks very promising.

what's important is that there is a substansial match between ANZSCO and your job description in your employment contact (not the advertisement). I've used project manager/co-ordinator for admin roles too, not just those in the construction industry. In fact project manager roles an be quite generic.

is there any update on applying PR for this title? good luck....

(Residence, not PR. PR is a different visa you can be eligible to apply for after two years living as a Resident.)

thanks for your correction !