Thread: EOI points calculation dillema

Default EOI points calculation dillema

Hey guys,

I am bout to fill my EOI (fingers crossed ) and was just checking with the point system if i qualify. A little background info about me. Started level 6 Diploma in ICT from CPIT Christchurch in May 2009. Finished and got my Diploma on July 2013. Currently employed as Service desk Analyst (ANZSCO code 313112) with a reputed company since less than a month. Had got this work visa this month itself.

I have attached 2 screenshots of the Points calculator and wanted to check with you guys if I have claimed the points correctly. Some bits were confusing like

Is your work, or offer of employment, in any one of New Zealand's:
    identified future growth areas?
    areas of absolute skills shortage?

ICT comes under both. Do i put yes for both ?

Last edited by ravi1414; 2nd November 2014 at 09:43 PM.

Hi. You are right that yoiur role comes under both AASS and IFGA but to meet the requirements for the bonus points for AASS you need a degree. However, I am sure you have 100 points or more without this, so your EOI should still be good. Have you left Christchurch now and moved to Auckland? (Just wondering about the 10 points for not being in Auckland.) Once you start to fill in the actual EOI you wil get the chance to reflect your situation more accurately.

Hi, Oops i did a mistake. My job is in Christchurch and I should have said YES for that part. So my understanding would be I would put a YES for IFGA and a NO for AASS (because i have a diploma and not a degree). Is that correct.

I just recalculated and it gives me 155 points in total.

Hi. It doesn't matter what you put in the calculator, once you start to fill in your EOI itself, the details will be become much clearer. For example, the wording about the points for AASS will make it clear you can only claim them if you have the appropriate qualification. You only need 100 points for an EOI that includes a job offer to be selected. Good luck!

Keep It Simple. If you have the 100 points with your job offer, stop there. Don't worry at all about trying to claim bonus points.

I do agree with ChrisMwn - you can just make life unnecessarily complicated by claiming more points than you need.