Thread: Am I eligible for Silver fern job search visa?

Default Am I eligible for Silver fern job search visa?

Hi,

I have one doubt about the silver fern job search visa.

I gained in 2004 and Higher national diploma in Multimedia, from a study institute from UK. But as I gained at an institution outside of United Kingdom, I am validating it with the NZQA at the moment.

This HND it's a Level 5 in UK. And I think that will be assessed as a NZ level 6.

In the immigration page appears:
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../jobsearch.htm

Your qualifications
    The Silver Fern Job Search visa is for highly skilled people with recognised qualifications. You need to provide a New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) assessment – either an International Qualification Assessment or a Qualifications Assessment Report – of your qualification, unless one of the following applies:
    Your qualification is on our List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment
    You have full or provisional registration and your qualification has been assessed by a New Zealand registration authority as being comparable to a New Zealand qualification on the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment.
    In my case, my qualification ist'n on that list, so if I provide the NZQA assessment of mine with a level 6, It could be considered valid for the silver fern job search visa?

Do I have any chance to get silver fern visa?

Hi. The qualification rules for Silver Fern Job Search visas require you to have either a degree (Level 7 or higher) or a trade qualification - see http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/42661.htm. I agree with you that a UK HND is likely to be Level 6 in NZ but unfortunately it is not a Trade qualification as such, it is a technical qualification so I don't think you are eligible - sorry! Just a htought - are you Spanish and if so, are you young enough to be eligble for a Working Holiday Visa?

Thank you for the answer, that's what I thought
    Yes, I'm from Spain but I'm older to be eligible for the whv. The last year was my last opportunity, and I failed for a few minutes to get it.
    Thanks

Thank you for the answer, that's what I thought
    Yes, I'm from Spain but I'm older to be eligible for the whv. The last year was my last opportunity, and I failed for a few minutes to get it.
    Thanks