Thread: partner visa condition

Default partner visa condition

Hi, all

4 months ago , I applied residence visa under SMC and still waiting for CO's allocation.

Meanwhile, I have applied work visa as I wanted to bring my partner in NZ as soon as possible I can. Me and my partner got 3 years work visa condition.

she will come to NZ in couple of months later.

I have a question,

If I get the residence visa before she come to NZ, is she still able to come to NZ under the approved visa?

anyone help me please !

Thank you !

Hi. Was your partner included in your SMC residence application? There could be a few issues if she wasn't - but if she was, then she will get residence when you get residence. Also, bear in mind that you will first get your residence application "Approved in Principle", after which you have up to 6 months to pay the Migrant Levy and only then is your residence visa issued, so you can remain in control of the timing.

my partner was not including the SMC application. so I would control of the time for paying Migrant Levy if got a approved in Principle.
    Thank you very much Karen Philip !

I imagine you have a good reason for not including your partner in your residence application. If you were partners at the time you made this application, I assume you declared your partner but did not include her. Just be aware that you my need to explain your siuation to INZ - no need to explain it in the Forum! Good luck!

>Karen Philips

Sorry probably I did not clearly get what your point is ..

what if she arrived in NZ already under the work visa and later on my residence visa is approved from the visa ? ( Again, she was not including in the residence visa ).

Could you tell me the best option for us ?

Maybe I also didnt get the point of control of time after "Approved in principle" clearly.

I would appreciate if you ( anyone) can advise for me.

Thank you

I don't have enough information to give you a definite answer - sorry! What I am unsure about and you may not wish to "discuss" this in a public forum, is why you did not include your partner in your residence application? Did you declare that she was your partner but not include he,r or fail to mention her at all? Was she your partner at the time you made your SMC application? The answers to these questions could have a significant bearing on her visa status. If your partner has now been granted a work visa as the partner of a work visa holder and you become a residence visa holder before she has entered NZ and activated her visa, this could create a problem. If someone applies for a partneship-based work visa as the partner of a resident or citizen, there is a different fee because there is a higher level of checking carried out. If she is alrady in the country when you get your resdeine, it could potentially stil be a prblme because if you didn't declare her a t alin our SMC application, there has ot be a good reason, or you cannot support her residence application.
    To answer your other question, Approval in Principle (AIP) is the stage when INZ has decided to approve your visa but, in the case of residence, is waiting for you tto send in your passport and pay the migrant levy. You have 6 months in which to do this. your residence status starts when the visa label is placed in your passport.
    Hope this helps.

Thank you for the response, karen philips.

The reason why i did not include her is that we are 2 years relationship but living together less than a year. (8 months )

This is why I thought the way I can bring her in NZ was applying work visa so that she can come to NZ as partner of work visa holder . HOWEVER, of course I declared that we are de facto relationship in the residence visa application, but did not include her because of the reason.

She will come to NZ next month and INZ emailed me that my case officer will be allocated within next month so I get confused now because her visa is based on my visa.