Thread: EOI Question

Default EOI Question

Hi all, got my EOI approved. ITA been sent on the 1st of nov, yay.

i just have few question before i submit my ITA.

is it 2 years work experience as part time counted as 2 year points? thanks!

because the problem is i have been studying and working (same occupation as my study.) of that last 2 years.

if its becoming a problem, should i use lawyer to help the decision? thanks

Part-time work experience is counted as a fraction of the full-time equivalent. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30571.htm

A lawyer or adviser couldn't make any difference to how they would count this.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Part-time work experience is counted as a fraction of the full-time equivalent. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30571.htm

A lawyer or adviser couldn't make any difference to how they would count this.
    so my calculation was worng? because at this stage i already got my ITA, what should i do?

is it likely to be declined?

Is the problem that you don't have enough points without the two years' work experience? Or is it that two years' work experience is required along with your qualification for the skill you are putting forward?

Is the problem that you don't have enough points without the two years' work experience? Or is it that two years' work experience is required along with your qualification for the skill you are putting forward?
    i got enough points without 2 years work experience. Reflecting to your previous answer i got a year work experience in nz ( 2 years part timer) so the point would be 130, initialy 150.

and if its the case, what should i put in my ITA form for amendments or change?

thanks JandM,
    Have a lovely day

So you are already in a skilled job in NZ, is that right? In that case you only need 100 points minimum, so you have every right to have had your EOI selected, and the change won't cause a problem. About the ITA, I would think, just change what you mistakenly put before, and in the amendments or in a cover letter, explain that you have only recently seen that section in the INZ Operational Manual, and found you had miscounted.

So you are already in a skilled job in NZ, is that right? In that case you only need 100 points minimum, so you have every right to have had your EOI selected, and the change won't cause a problem. About the ITA, I would think, just change what you mistakenly put before, and in the amendments or in a cover letter, explain that you have only recently seen that section in the INZ Operational Manual, and found you had miscounted.
    Yes i got an offer of skilled employment and now its ongoing.
    Ok so i will put my experience working in nz & anywhere of 1 year instead of 2 years.

And is it ok to just attach tax records from IRD for evidence of work experience?
    Because my former employees is hard to reach

Thanks

See this old thread about evidence for work experience. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40604

(INZ isn't interested in 'hard to reach'. Seriously, the officials have a list of boxes they have to tick before they can recommend you for a visa, and it's in your own interest to make it as easy as possible for them to tick every box, even if it's not easy for you to do it.)

See this old thread about evidence for work experience. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40604

(INZ isn't interested in 'hard to reach'. Seriously, the officials have a list of boxes they have to tick before they can recommend you for a visa, and it's in your own interest to make it as easy as possible for them to tick every box, even if it's not easy for you to do it.)
    thanks JandM, will email my old boss to ask him the letter.

I will keep this case updated, fingers cross for my ITA