Thread: where to go

Default where to go

Hi, I'm planning to move to new Zealand next year but i am undecided on where to actually live. I'm planning some travel first but I was thinking of somewhere like Rotorua or Gisborne. I would really appreciate your views on where you think is a good place to go.

Are you planning to work in NZ too? What sort of work are you looking for? That obviously might have an impact on your decision.

Gisborne was my hometown for many years, a lovely place, great, safe beaches, the only negative thing about it, is it's isolation. So if you want to travel after arriving in New Zealand, living somewhere more central would make easier travelling.

There's loads of information in the Locations section of this forum. Try there.

Yes I'm planning to get a working visa. Planning to travel a little first though but I don't have a definite job idea yet. Thanks for all the replies .

Work visas are normally specific to a particular job, and are only obtainable if you've got a skilled qualification, or if the employer can prove they can't get a suitable NZer to do the work. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../requirements/ There is the Working Holiday Visa, if you're within the age limit, which is an open visa - that is, on the WHV, you can take any job that's offered to you, for a limited amount of time. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...orkingholiday/ Having a WHV can get you started in a job while you go through the process of applying for a full temporary work visa to let you stay longer, or Residence if you qualify.