Thread: Foolish mistake while submitting the EOI

Default Foolish mistake while submitting the EOI

We have made a mistake of putting the wrong IELTS band in the EOI. My IELTS band was 7 but by mistake we put the 9.

Will that be ok if i just put in the ammendemnets page of ITA ? Will it effect our chances of PR

Thanks,

I think you should notify INZ immediately, with apologies, that you have noticed this mistake in the EOI you have submitted. What can affect your application is if an INZ official thinks you have been trying to deceive them in any way. This is less likely to happen if it is you yourself who points out the mistake.

By the way, it is Residence you have applied for by submitting the EOI - PR is a different visa entirely, which is only available after two years minimum. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I think you should notify INZ immediately, with apologies, that you have noticed this mistake in the EOI you have submitted. What can affect your application is if an INZ official thinks you have been trying to deceive them in any way. This is less likely to happen if it is you yourself who points out the mistake.

By the way, it is Residence you have applied for by submitting the EOI - PR is a different visa entirely, which is only available after two years minimum. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm
    Thank you so much JandM, have already notified Immigration as soon as i saw the mistake. But will also add a cover letter when submitting the ITA to clearify this mistake..

I'd just note it as a correction when you submit the ITA. Whether you IELTS level is 7, or 9 makes no difference to your eligibility, nor to the amount of ESOL fees to be paid if it was for a partner.