Thread: Waiting For CO allocation Henderson Branch.

Default Waiting For CO allocation Henderson Branch.

Hi
    I applied Resident visa under SMC but not in skill shortage list. I Have been waiting for CO from quiet some time now, the application went to henderson branch it was Lodged in June 2014.
    Called and asked the status they said waiting for CO. Is it normal timeframe ? Can anyone share their knowledge?

Hi. I have several SMC applications in at Henderson. They all include job offers, one in LTSSL, the others not. Anything submitted after mid July is still awaiting a Case Officer. I think it all got really slow when all the residence applications from Christchurch got re-allocated to Henderson. I guess all you can do is be patient - it's hard! I am assuming you are onshore in NZ. If so, when you get near to the expiry of your current visa, you may well need to apply for a new temporary visa. If you are currently on a work visa you can apply for a renewal as "an exception ot instructions". This means that you don't have to prove that the employer tried to recruit a NZer. Hope you don't have to wait too much longer. New procedures are coming into force in December to improve the time frane to handle residence visas, but I am not sure how they will affect applications already in - probably not at all.

Thanks Karen Phillips. very helpful

Hi, I am waiting since 1st of July lodged by Christchurch branch. I found some information regarding the timeline.

It said, We project to be allocating SMC applications for assessment as follows:
    We are now allocating early June files for assessment
    We plan to start allocating July files in mid-November

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...m-sept2014.htm