Thread: Medical Waiver Rejected for my 2 year old Son . . . need advice !

Default Medical Waiver Rejected for my 2 year old Son . . . need advice !

Hi
    My name is pratap, and i live in wellington. I work here from last 2 years in work to residence visa. Applied for PR and cam across that my son's congenital hear disease is a show stopper for PR. His medical waiver is also got rejected. Even though he has heart condition, he is healthy, no signs of stress or issues or symptoms. I am pretty sure that his issue will be sorted with his age. He used to have other medical issues due to premature delivery, but they all sorted with in 1 year. Hope his age also cures his heart and i am confident as he is currently healthy and perfect.
    I want to keep him in NewZealand even by sponsoring his expenses and medical costs from my end. What is the best way to proceed. Please advice.

Thanks
    Pratap

I can tell you that it will be of no help to offer to sponsor the medical costs yourself. They don't take that into account.

Have you had a look through previous cases heard by the residence review board? I think that is the next step.

Was your son included on the work to residence visa or was he too young or not born at that point? I'm asking because I was told that they use the same criteria for work to residence as for residence itself, so I'm surprised you got WTR but not residence. Otherwise can you apply for a different type of visa for him? We went the temporary route and applied for a long-term visitor visa for my daughter.