Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help regarding Skilled Migrant Category

Default Need help regarding Skilled Migrant Category

Hi,

I got overall six band score in IELTS with L=5.50, R=6.00, S=5.50, W=6.00, should i apply for Skilled Migrant Category for PR or temporary work VISA, I have 8 years of experience in Information Technology. Please suggest me. Thanks.

Unless you can prove your knowledge of English in some other way, you won't be eligible for a Residence visa with these scores. Knowledge of English is a gateway requirement, by which I mean that, as with proof of character and health, the INZ officials can't grant a visa without them, however good everything else is about your application.

Here is the page of regulations. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41495.htm You will see, IELTS is not the only way you can prove that you know English. If you were educated in English or you have been working in English, this may satisfy the CO. Otherwise, you will need to sit IELTS again, to get an average of 6.5 at least.

Thanks for your reply. I have done on campus Master Degree in Computer from India and working in BA Continuum nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, will that work as proof. Please suggest as if I submitt EOI form online it aslo cost of 510$. Thanks.

Hi Pawan,

I have seen the cases where the candidate has completed territory qualifications as well as doctorate degree in English and has submitted papers in International journals in English language. These candidates do have experience working and living in English speaking countries but asked by CO to submit IELTS.

There may be positive cases which you may want to hear. So, it's more of discretion of CO combined with ur luck. If possible, try taking IELTS again, improve ur score and then submit EOI.

Please note this is my personal opinion. Senior members can advise better

Thanks Ankur for your reaply. I will give IELTS again, 2 more question Ankur, What will happen if i get overall 6.5, not in each module equal to 6 and how much time it takes to complete the whole process if i fulfill the requirement. Thanks,

Hi Pawan,

First part of ur question can be answered by link given by JandM.
    Coming to second part of the question, the time varies from case to case depending on many factors. There are many threads in this forum which echos the same. I applied from India and it took almost 10 months after my EOI got selected.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakkar.pawan View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I have done on campus Master Degree in Computer from India and working in BA Continuum nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, will that work as proof. Please suggest as if I submitt EOI form online it aslo cost of 510$. Thanks.
    If you get a letter from the university stating that your course was conducted all in English, that is good evidence. You need a separate letter saying this specifically - it is not enough that your degree certificate is in English. However, be warned that a short time ago, there were several institutions in India caught selling false evidence, so many people are finding that INZ are suspicious even of true evidence from an Indian university. Also, if you can get a letter from your employers saying how much of your time at work you were expected to speak English, the standard of work expected in English (such as full professional business dealings with English-speaking clients), and that you performed these duties satisfactorily, this would also be good evidence.

Despite the rules, many COs are so used to seeing the IELTS certificate that if you are sending some other evidence, such as the letters just mentioned, they still email saying, 'Where is your IELTS?' It is a good idea in your covering letter with the evidence to mention what you are sending for proof of English. Notice in the regulations that if there is any doubt, they STILL can ask for IELTS as the final solution.

If you do the IELTS again, you need an average of 6.5 minimum.

Hi Sir, got your point, so if I submit my EOI 2 thing can happen either they will accept it or they can ask me to give IELTS again. but is it also possible they can reject my EOI and my 510$ will be waste.
    I have good 8 years of IT experience in a good company . One more question – If I get work VISA or PR can I work in Australia with this skill migrant VISA? Thanks.

About the English requirement - yes, either they will accept alternative evidence from work or study, or they will ask for IELTS and you would need to show a minimum 6.5 average result. If they eventually asked for IELTS, they would have to give you time to sit the test again if necessary. But they have to show a good reason for rejecting evidence, and since you say both study in English and work in English proof is available, it's unlikely that would happen.

Of course, any person's application could be rejected if they can't show valid proof of some requirement (not only on the basis of English). It does not happen just on a whim, but is on the basis of evidence. If you genuinely have the qualifications and experience needed to match the requirements for Residence, and can meet the character and health requirements also, then you will not be wasting your time and money applying. This issue of the English can be sorted out - it is obvious from reading your posts that you can use the language.

Default Need help regarding Skilled Migrant Category

Hi Ankur, can I work in Australia with New Zealand skill migrant VISA? Can i aslo get your contact number for some help ? Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast