Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMC - how to convince CO about skilled job that does not match with ANZSCO

Default SMC - how to convince CO about skilled job that does not match with ANZSCO

Hi,

I am about to apply for residency and got this issue from my employer. My employer is accredited organization (semi-government) and the job letter they gave me which doesn not exactly match with ANZSCO list. I asked my manager to provide me another offer letter mentioning my job description and tasks which "I think" are relevant to one of the job occupation list of ANZSCO. My manager contacted HR and told me that they cannot change a single word even it meant the same due to their policies. However, they can provide me a supporting letter which states that the organization is priority organization and their employees can easily get the residency.

My manager said he cannot give me any written letter but he can explain my job to CO over the phone. I am really not sure if I should apply for the residency with this situation. Does anybody have government job and went through the same situation?

I also want to mention that, I have a 4 years work experience which exactly matches occupation of ANZSCO, however my current job is different then previous one (different titles and tasks).

Evidence about your work experience doesn't necessarily have to come from the management structure of your employer. Many people have similar problems to you, in that the business or department has limitations on what they will issue. You can ask a colleague who works/worked closely with you, so they are/were familiar with your work, to write instead or as well. Bear in mind, they will need to state their position at the company, and they will need to be contactable at the address/email/phone number given, during the time your case is being processed, as INZ will need to verify evidence.

Thanks JandM,

If the CO does not accepts my current job as skilled employment then will he deduce the points and consider my application if the rest of the points are still above 140? or will he reject the application. My total points without claiming any points for current skilled employment are 145 (they are only based on my qualification and previous experience in skilled employment).

You have the right to have had your EOI selected as long as your points were over 140, so they should proceed with your application with no trouble.

But don't get ahead of yourself. As your job, despite the official wording being 'off', actually matches ANZSCO, get some colleague to tell them so and it should all go smoothly. It occurs to me that, if you did this and the CO raised any query, at that point you could explain the manager's situation and ask him/her to have the phone conversation he's offered. But that probably won't even arise. Bear in mind, the CO isn't going to want to be awkward - s/he just has to tick a box that SOMEONE has said your current job is like ANZSCO before moving on.

what "job letter": are you referring to? There does need to be a "substanisial match" between your job description (part of your employment contract?) and a role described on ANZSCO which meets the requirement of skilled employment. Job title is not important, but matching of task between ANZSCO and job description is.

Well the job description and tasks list which I got from my HR does not substantially match. However the actually duties that I have to perform matches the ANZCO. I have a bachelor degree and 4 years of previous work experience which shows that I am a skilled worker.

I would give a reference letter of from one my colleague (thanks to jandM for suggesting this) who says it is related to ANZCO without my job description from HR (will attach only employment letter, agreement letter and supporting letter from HR that my employer is accredited organization). I am hoping the CO will consider my application even if he is not convinced about my current job as skilled employment and does not care if the employer is accredited organization.

fingers crossed everybody

Your employer will be sent a questionnaire during the verification process and asked to confirm which of the ANZSCO tasks you perform.

They will send a questionnaire to my HR or my colleague?

whoever you put as employer contact of your EOI

This means I have to put my colleague information. Any idea what is in the questionnaire and will it be appropriate for my colleague to answer it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast