Thread: Could not get job matching skills shortage declared in SMC Visa application

Default Could not get job matching skills shortage declared in SMC Visa application

Hi All,

Was wondering after I have got the SMC Visa approved and granted residency visa, do I must get a job role that I declared in my SMC visa application?

I have indicated ICT Project Manager as the absolute skills shortage occupation to claim bonus points. But let assumed that I could not get this role while in NZ after residency visa approved, what will happen?

Also, can I take up IT system analysis or IT business analysis role?

The thing is do I need to inform INZ after getting a job?

Regards,

If you get Residence, you are entitled to do anything (legal) within New Zealand. You can take any job at all, skilled or unskilled. You can be a student. You can start a business. You can do nothing, if you can afford it.

The only time there is a requirement to have a certain job is if you get some of the points on your application for having a NZ skilled job offer, then you get your Residence with the condition that you must take up that job within three months of arrival, and work in it for at least three months. At that time, still working there, you can go to INZ and get the condition removed, after which you can do what you want.

The only time there is a requirement to find a skilled job in your skill that you have proved is if you were offered the Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Visa, instead of Residence straight out. The SMC JSV entitles you to go to NZ for nine months to find work, and if you get the offer of a skilled job, then INZ will give you Residence. Again, there would be the requirement to stay in that job for three months, but afterwards you could get that condition removed and would be free to do whatever you want.

Hi JandM,

Thanks for your clarifications.