Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silver Fern 2014- List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment

Default Silver Fern 2014- List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment

Good afternoon all,

My wife and I, we are waiting and hoping to be among the selected few to be granted a slot to lodge our application for the Silver Fern Visa.

I have a US passport and my wife holds a Mexican passport. My intitution falls under the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment, however for Mexico, we can't find a single institution mentioned, given that she earned her bachelors in Mexico.

What are our options?

We wonder if we may have made a mistake in our research. Can anyone provide any advice?

Best regards

No, no awarding institute in Mexico is listed as being exempt from assessment. Your wife will need to have her qualification assessed by NZQA. http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...ualifications/

When qualifications aren't on the list, it doesn't mean they aren't respected by NZ. It only means that the courses involved haven't been investigated by NZQA officials to check which Level they are and which (if any) current NZ qualification they are equivalent to. So anyone who qualified from one of the unchecked courses has to have their qualification assessed individually.

JandM,

Thank you for the information. I'm excited and hopefully we will gain a place next November 20th.

I'm afraid to ask, but has she had the qualification assessed yet? If not, there isn't time to get it done in time for 20th November.

Dear all,

I have a question, since we need to apply for qualification assessment (Mexico applicant). Does that mean we lodge our application and the. Apply for an international qualifications assessment?

Can anyone confirm as soon as possible.

Thank you

I'm going by what Karen Phillips, who is a Licensed Immigration Adviser, said here http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....397#post507397, that you have to have a PAR or IQA assessment ready to enter on the form on November 20th. I'm very sorry.

Noted, I my wife should have her IQA assessment ready by November 20th.
    Now since shes obviously not going to apply, what are our options.

1. Apply for my SFV and she could apply for a visiting visa, then once I hace been awarded a skilled offer, how long before she could work?

Are there other alternatives.

Thank you

If you get a Silver Fern job search visa, this would allow you to start work as soon as you're offered it, but on this visa, you're not entitled to sponsor your wife for a work visa. You would have to apply for a work visa in order to be able to do that, or put in a Residence application that could include both of you (which would of course take longer to be processed).

Is your wife a US citizen? If so, she could go on a WHV, perhaps.

Otherwise, I think you are back to the options discussed on this older thread of yours. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....175#post480175

Thank you for your reply.
    If I were to apply for Residence under Skilled Migrant, how long before my wife could work. Keeping in mind that I would enter NZ under SFV?

You have probably seen the threads from people waiting for their Residence applications to go through when already in NZ. Nobody can be sure how long it will take for one particular case, because its progress will be along with all others being worked in rotation at the same time, and because everything has to be checked thoroughly, and the CO is always dependent on the outsiders they contact. It takes as long as it takes. But as an example, here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ocessingtimes/ is one office's best guess, based on the average of how things have been running recently.

Your wife would not be able to work on that visa until the residence came through, and as you can see, that can take many months.

The Silver Fern Work Experience visa http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...experience.htm, which you could apply for as well, once you had a skilled job, could be processed more quickly, and would allow you to sponsor your wife for a work visa. You are allowed to apply for your visa AND the one for your wife at the same time, linked with a covering letter, and the CO will work them as one case, supplying things that aren't available at first, such as your visa number, as they go along. She would be able to work as soon as your and her work visas came through.

Another thought is that, if your wife entered as a visitor and found herself a suitable job, she could apply for a work visa in her own right. As you'll see on that link, these are processed much more quickly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast