Thread: After Residence change job

Default After Residence change job

Hi All,

Please can you advise on the below:

I have a recently approved resident visa and I am currently interested in changing my work place and work location. My profession is in demand, so finding work should not be a problem. I had my residence approved with 10 points gained from work outside Auckland.

Now I want to leave my workplace in a couple of months and go to Auckland, It might be a about a month I will be unemployed, will be living on savings (rather than benefit as I want to help this country not gain from it). The question is the change of employer and calculation within half a year of residence approval may impact my PR application of citizenship in the future?

Thanks

Is there a condition attached to Residency Visa?
    was it gained from work to residency or was it gained for rural areas? Check your visa conditions.

unless you provide more info, it will be difficult to comment.

If it's explicitly mentioned on your resident visa that you need to keep working outside of Auckland for a certain amount of time, then I'm afraid you cannot accept a job offer in Auckland for that period of time. If there is no such condition, then go ahead and do as you wish.

I believe you've got your Residence because you were already working in a skilled job, so it's possible there may be a condition on your visa that you should stay in that job for three months at least - check what it says. Even if there is that condition, once you have gone back to INZ, still working there, when the three months are up, you can get that condition removed (you actually get a new sticker with no conditions).

So, either when you get the condition removed if there is one, or right now if you never had any condition on your visa in the first place, you are free to change your job. Once you're a Resident, you are free to do anything (legal) you like. You can take any job you're offered, skilled or unskilled, you can be a student, you can start a business, or you can do nothing if you can afford it.

As you will see, there is nothing in the requirements for PR which limits you as to what you do for a living. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

Details about applying for citizenship are on several pages starting here. http://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.ns...1?OpenDocument Again, there's nothing there to stop you changing your job, and taking the time to find another.