Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can i send EOI before doing qualification assessment

Default Can i send EOI before doing qualification assessment

HI,

I am planning to apply for PR under skilled immigrant visa. As per the online point calculator i am getting 145 points. However myself and my wife's qualification is not listed in the approved qualification list. So i have to do NZ qualification assessment .

Before submitting to NZQA can i send EOI. (Please note: I am satisfying skilled migrant quick check).

Kindly guide .

regards
    Saravanan

When you fill in the EOI, you have to be able to provide the outcome from the NZQA assessment. So no, your EOI will not be accepted without it.

(By the way, in case you haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere, don't bother with PAR - it is a waste of money. For one thing, you have to have IQA for the ITA. For another thing, to do PAR they only look at the name of your qualification and give a rough opinion based on that, whereas for IQA, they look thoroughly at what was studied, for how long, and to what depth, so the result CAN turn out to be different from the PAR.)

Hi saravanan,

You cannot submit the EOI without the assessment from NZQA. Pre-assessment is a must to submit EOI. Also make sure you can claim the bonus points for recognised qualification and work experience. Can you share me your profile so that I am able to provide you a better opinion.

Thanks for your guidance, By the way my wife has done her BA in English Literature through distance education.

In addition she has passed in second class . Does NZ is having any demand on the type of education ( Ex: Distance ,Part time or Full time) and the class obtained in examination . If yes does it affects the outcome of assessment?

Kindly suggest ..
    Last edited by saravanan; 19th November 2014 at 05:58 PM.

Hi Saravanan,

As others have already suggested to you that applying for EOI won't make sense without anything there to endorse your points for education.

You got two options here - either get PAR or IQA from NZQA
    Cost of PAR ~ 120 USD & it takes around 1-2 weeks to get result
    Cost of IQA ~ 700 USD & it takes around 2-3 months to get result

So, according to me, PAR could look like waste of money at the end when you get your visa approved but it puts at stake just 120 USD of yours and let you know your EOI result quickly. So either put 700 USD at stake or "waste" 120 USD, choice is yours.

Cheers!

Hi Sharma,

Thanks for your answer and your time .

regards
    saravanan

By the way my wife has done her BA in English Literature through distance education. In addition she has passed in second class . Does NZ is having any demand on the type of education ( Ex: Distance ,Part time or Full time) and the class obtained in examination . If yes does it affects the outcome of assessment?
    The factors you mention won't affect the result, as long as she satisfactorily completed a bona fide course.

I had the same question. Glad to read this info.

Nice to know that this factors will not affect the results.

Dear Friends,

I am new to this Forum and need Help with My queries.
    I would like to apply for NZ immigration but I am not sure What would be the Total point I'll get for my qualification and work experience.

I hope you guys will help me here. I am sharing my Full Profile detail below, CAN YOU GUYS give me little assesment for my profile.

Graduation:- Bachelor of Computer Applications (3 year's)
    Master's:- Master's of Computer Applications (3 year's)
    Work experience:- 4+ year's as Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer (MNC company[USA based])
    IELTS Score:- 6.5 Overall
    Partner/Wife's IELTS Score:- 5.5 Overall
    Partner Education:- Bachelor of Arts (3 year's) and Master's of Arts (2 year's) [Private candidate]

1) Does My education/Work Experience qualify for "identified future growth area" and "area of absolute skills shortage".
    2) Do I require qualification assessment(IQA), If yes, For which Degree, Master's or Bachelor or Both?
    3) Do I require qualification assessment(IQA) for My Partner, If yes, For which Degree, Master's or Bachelor or Both?
    4) What would be my qualification level as per NZQA.
    5) Can I claim point's for my wife's education.
    6) What would be my overall Points.

Thanks
    Sanjeev

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast