Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IPENZ assessment

Default IPENZ assessment

My name is Vitul and I am from Singapore. I have received the IPENZ assessment letter today using which I have claimed bonus points for the recognized work experience and recognized qualification. I am currently having 140 points and submitted my EOI today (PAR assessment also done). Currently waiting for the next draw which is on 10th Dec 2014.
    My question is whether I need to do NZQA full assessment or IPENZ letter itself will suffice? Please advice.

Can anybody advice me on this?
    Thanks in advance.

I just looked up Mechanical Engineer here. http://skillshortages.immigration.go...ical-engineer/ This is what it says.

Requirements to claim points for skilled employment (Category A)

A relevant recognised qualification which is at, or above, the qualification level on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. The qualification must correspond to the skill level indicated for that occupation in the Australian New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO)
    OR
    The relevant work experience that the ANZSCO indicates may substitute the required qualification
    OR
    The relevant requirements specified in the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) for your occupation (if your occupation is included in the LTSSL)
    OR
    Five years of relevant work experience.

Requirements to claim bonus points

One of the following qualifications:
    - A relevant Washington Accord accredited undergraduate engineering degree (listed - see Note 4)
    - A relevant qualification comparable to:
    (a) a Bachelor of Engineering (NZQF Level 7), or
    (b) a Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (NZQF Level 8)
    - A relevant qualification at NZQF Level 7 or higher with a letter from IPENZ certifying that the degree and any further learning meets the academic requirements for registration as a Chartered Professional Engineer in New Zealand
    OR
    NZ registration as a Chartered Professional Engineer by the Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand.
    It looks from that as though, to claim the bonus points without getting IQA, you would need to have actually registered with IPENZ as a Chartered Professional Engineer. Did you do that, or did you only ask them about your qualification?

Hi JandM,

Thanks for the reply. I got the positive assessment reply from IPENZ stating that My degree is comparable to Washington Accord and I am now a registered Chartered professional Engineer.
    So does that mean, I don't need to go through the IQA process, right?

Btw, my EOI has been selected for further consideration today.

One more question, I am claiming 20 points from my wife's qualification. So does she need to undergo the IQA process. Sorry that I am ambiguous these days about the selection process.

So does that mean, I don't need to go through the IQA process, right?
    That's right.

To claim points for your wife's qualification, there are two things.

1) Her qualification has to be on the INZ List of Qualifications Exempt From Assessment OR ELSE you have to have the IQA done by NZQA

2) She has to be able to show proof English to the same level as a principle applicant. That is, either IELTS to an average of 6.5, or letters to show her education was conducted in English or she works in English (detail in the regulations).

Thanks JandM.

1. My wife is contributing 20 points in the EOI from the PAR result. She was assessed as Level 9 in the PAR for her master's degree in computer science. So do i need to wait for the ITA or start the IQA process for my wife right now?
    2. Today, my EOI has been selected, Can you advise how long it takes to get the ITA (considering all the claimed points are in good shape) ?

Thanks in advance.

1) You can get straight on with it. You can't send the ITA back without the IQA for your wife.

2) There is no exact time (as with many things for INZ). Once someone has looked over the EOIs selected, which has been done by machine on the basis of the number of points only, to see that the points claimed appear to be justified, a list will go to clerks to send out the ITAs. If you haven't heard anything after three weeks, it is fair enough to contact INZ to tell them.

Thanks JandM. :-)

Hi JandM,

Need few clarification from your side.

1. In my wife's case, she needs IQA assessment and her profile is Bachelors and masters in computer science in India and she's got 3 years of work experience in an IT company based in India. My question is, Does IQA requires roles and responsibilities letter from her employer or only the educational certificates are enough?

2. When i receive the ITA, is there any separate fee that I need to pay for the ITA process, or just i need to pay the fee for the IQA assessment for my wife.

Please advice and thanks in advance.

1) Please see on the NZQA website, http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...on-assessment/, and read the NZQA guide http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/assets/quali.../guide-IQA.pdf, which tells you everything they require.

2) There is a fee for IQA - see the link on the NZQA website http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...sessment-fees/, and there is a fee for processing ITA, which has to be paid when you submit. See here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/ex...96DF2B84F2.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast