Thread: Need Advise about Work Visa with Pending Successful EOI

Default Need Advise about Work Visa with Pending Successful EOI

Hi,

Good day,
    I have an application for migrant visa under LTSS, It was successful and I already received my Invitation to Apply (ITA). My migrant visa application points was based on my self and work experience only and without Job offer.

Then I found a job in NZ from accredited employer and already signed the work contract. Now my problem is what kind of work visa do I need to apply? If apply for work to residence, what will be the impact on my Migrant visa application? Some advise me to apply under Essential skills work visa?

I want to have a residence visa and not to wait for 2 years as the work to residence condition. Pls advise.

Thanks

You can apply for re4sidecne under SMC (if you meet the requirements) at any time. You aren't bound to follow a work to residence path.

If your EOI has now been selected, you can also get a work visa under these recently changed instructions.

WK2.5 Applications for work visas under Essential Skills work instructions
    WK2.20 Instructions on duration of Essential Skills work visas
    A 12-month Essential Skills work visa can be granted without a labour market test being completed if the applicant has been Invited to Apply for residence or is awaiting a decision on a Skilled Migrant Category application