Thread: Architect Occupational Registration - Silver Fern Visa

Default Architect Occupational Registration - Silver Fern Visa

Hi all,

I was lucky and managed to get place in today's silver fern visa but it seems complicated now. As an architect, with a Bachelor's degree in architect from Nepal, it says "Evidence of holding, or being able to obtain, New Zealand registration if your qualification is relevant to an occupation that requires registration by law in New Zealand." Unfortunately, architect seems to be one of it.

I called NZ architect association (https://www.nzrab.org.nz/) and they have advised that they cannot grant provisional registration and for full registration, I don't have enough work experience which requires minimum 145 weeks work in NZ. As, I have never been to NZ before, I can't have that.

Will appreciate if anyone has experience with something similar before.

Thank you.

Pabi

You only need registration if you want to be employed as a "Registered Architect." It is only that title that is protected. If you were to gain a job offer as an "architectural designer" , or similar, for which registration is not required the you would be OK. Do you already have a job offer in a field relevant to your quailification, but for which registration is not required?

Thanks Chris. So you think if I meet all other requirements and have level 7 in Bachelor of Architecture, I should be fine for Silvern Fern Visa. The think that got me worried was the line where it says if qualification is relevant to an occupation that requires registration, you should hold or have evidence of being able to hold occupational registration.

As, it's SFV, I just got my application in today and have been asked for documents. I don't have any job offer.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    You only need registration if you want to be employed as a "Registered Architect." It is only that title that is protected. If you were to gain a job offer as an "architectural designer" , or similar, for which registration is not required the you would be OK. Do you already have a job offer in a field relevant to your quailification, but for which registration is not required?