Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: IQA Not allocated

There are two types of assessments PAR and IQA. PAR is not reliable, PAR results might get changed when you apply for IQA. Basically with PAR NZQA checks only the name of the qualification. But with IQA, it checks everything in detailed. It means, they try to match the syllabus, study content, duration, etc of your course with a course offered by a university in New Zealand.

You can get a rough idea of searching your qualification name in NZQA Framework. It will show a list of universities which offers matching qualification to your qualification name. Then you can go to the websites of those universities and check the content of its offered courses and try to find a match on to your qualification. This is what I did before applying IQA.

And you can find the list of documents I sent for my IQA in this post

So hope you will help these information.

And if you get a Level, with the mention 'generic', it means NZQA couldn't find a current NZ course that yours seems to be equivalent to. For some careers, a named equivalent degree is mandatory, so having the generic mention would not be enough for the bonus points.

Quote Originally Posted by nms.sun3 View Post
    happy to inform you all that our IQA applications were closed and documents are en route from Wellington to Singapore . Hoping for an expected outcome else all our efforts will be in vain
    Very happy to read this.
    We had the same issue but unfortunately mine is still stuck at evaluation.

IQA Submitted: Nov 7, 2014
    Files Received/Processed: Nov 12, 2014

I will have to submit my documents without my IQA assessment.
    My partner who submitted her IQA after already received her result.
    It will be the 49th day of processing today. This sucks

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456