Thread: Work Visa under partner advice

Default Work Visa under partner advice

Hi there,

I am currently in the process of applying for work visa under partnership, and I would like to seek some advice from anyone who is in this field.
    Thank you in advance.

I’ve been here since Oct last night on work&holiday visa. Since I got to NZ I have live at the same resident as I am currently staying now, which is a rental sleep out. After a few months the landlords older son and I have a spark and we started dating. Then after about 5 months it became official and we started to live together (he moved to live in the sleep out). Up until now we are still together and we recently made a joint bank account for only about 1 month and was wondering if the 1 month period is long enough to use as 1 of the evidence for work visa under partnership. Apart from the joint bank account, other evidences I have are; proof of our living address during our relationship, individual bank statements, photos of us and his family, letters from friends and family regarding our relationship, and documents regarding our ongoing installment plan under both our names. From all these evidences do you think it would be enough to successfully apply for the work visa under partnership?.

Hope to hear from you soon
    Thank you very much

Hello.

Normally, a month is not enough - from what other people have experienced, INZ seem to take proof of 8 - 12 weeks seriously, the longer end of that the better.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Hello.

Normally, a month is not enough - from what other people have experienced, INZ seem to take proof of 8 - 12 weeks seriously, the longer end of that the better.
    Dear admin,

Apart from the length of the account is there any other way/method we can do to cover this weakness? Or do INZ base the result mainly on this evidence. Thank you.

What is important is the time passing since the live-in relationship began, not just the bank account. If you think about things from INZ's point of view, they aren't allowed by government to give visas to people whose relationship is going to break up any minute, and this regulation is gambling on how long it takes for people to be sure they're well suited for the time being. They can't look into people's feelings, so it's all down to something actually provable, in this case, living under the same roof. Also, you know you're decent people, but the regulations are formed knowing that partner-sponsored visas are the ones most open to fraud, with people paying citizens and residents to lie to get them a visa, so all applications are VERY carefully scrutinized.

So what have you got to show the early time when you first lived together before you opened the bank account?