Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long have to wait.....????

Default How long have to wait.....????

Hi

Can anybody knows that how long have to wait for further or final decision for SMC.. Allready submitted all evidences to case officer before 2 months with questionnaire he sent to the employer... I think he takes too long time to the application... Really this is a normal procedure or may be he lost our application...lol...????????????

It takes as long as it takes, and this is unpredictable in detail. The CO isn't only working on your case, so the time that has passed since your employer sent the questionnaire is not going to be because of big problems or wasted time on your file. All COs have to work their allocation of cases in rotation. They take the first, do everything they can for the time (sending out queries, or ticking off replies), then put that to the back and take the next, then the next, then the next, and so on. They don't take any file out of order. Any replies go to your file wherever it is in the queue, and the CO won't see them until it's your file's turn to be looked at again.

So, most probably, your file is in the queue waiting for its next turn for the CO's attention. How soon that turn comes will depend on how many cases are in his/her workload, and how complicated the issues are with each of those cases that the CO has to deal with this time round. S/He may ask for more information the next time he looks at your file.

14 months ago I lodged my application, but still in processing. Co told further verifications required, but when they will do the verification and when my wait will over only god knows .hope you will not suffer as much

Thnx Khullar n JM

Hi there,

I just got a reply from my advisor saying that my residency application was forwarded for second person check on 14 November 2014.
    On 28 November 2014, it is going to be 9 months since I lodged my documents.
    Documents lodged -28 February 2014
    Heard from CO - 14 June 2014
    Employment verification on site - 9 July 2014
    PPI asked - 14 August 2014
    Second person check - 14 November 2014
    My application is under SMC.
    Any idea how long the last check can take?? Can we expect the decision before Christmas holidays??

There is no set time and this is unpredictable. It depends on how busy the department was when your case joined the queue for attention. When the officials have dealt with all the cases that arrived before yours, they will look at yours. We have seen everything from A FEW HOURS for second person checking, up to NEARLY A YEAR - but those are the extremes. Normally it is somewhere in between.

Ok, yup I do get that point of yours. Thanks for that but is there no average time period like estimation??
    I mean is there no average time period for a 2PC??

No. It's not predictable. There is a huge possible variation in the time. It doesn't depend on anything about the applicant, only on the volume of work in the INZ department responsible, and outsiders cannot know that. Even if, sometimes, a CO may say to someone, 'I think it might be x weeks,' that is only how things just HAVE BEEN going, it is not a promise that that person's case will take the same amount of time.

Yup!!! I can feel that!!! Hope I hear some good news soon!!!

one day AN inquire officer ring into my office and i was out of my office. he just asked about me to some one else and about my employer ( that time she was off to Australia). since that time( about 2 weeks before) i am waiting for their call.
    Any Idea my frnds whats going on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast