Thread: Fiance Visitor Visa for a culturally arranged marriage New Zealand

Default Fiance Visitor Visa for a culturally arranged marriage New Zealand

hi,
    I met a girl on internet from Turkey. I traveled to Turkey also and met with the family of the girl and arranged an engagment party there.
    Now I want to apply for my fiance a visitor visa for the purpose of a culturally arranged marriage if they plan to marry within three months of their arrival in New Zealand.
    The information is found on
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...s.htm#marriage
    if you search for
    " Form for Supporting Partnership-Based Temporary Entry Applications (INZ 1146) PDF "

I am planning to provide the following documents.
    1- My travel and stay in Turkey
    2-My engagement party informations,list of guests etc.
    3-Photos of engagement.
    4-Booking of venue for wedding within three months in New Zealand.

Is it sufficient?
    The only problem is that no one from my family was present in the engagement party. Is it ok like this?
    Can I tell in my application form that I first met my fiance on internet?

Can I provide the internet communication proof?
    Can I also provide the evidence of gifts I sent to her?

I am worried because of the word " culturally " arranged marriage. Is it ok if I mention our meeting through internet?
    Please help.

thanks a lot

Not a clue but maybe consult a lawyer?

Please look at that link that Auburn just gave in the post above. That old thread covers just about everything I would answer to you.

As you partly suspect, you do not fall under the meaning of the regulation you have found. You do not meet this basic requirement.
    the marriage follows an identified cultural tradition where the arrangements for the marriage, including the initial selection of the persons to be married, have been made by persons who are not parties to the marriage
    However, there are suggestions on the other thread of ways to get the result you want. A further suggestion, in case your fiancée had any difficulty getting an ordinary visitor's visa, is that you should go back to Turkey and have the wedding there, and start collecting your proof of living together while in her country.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Please look at that link that Auburn just gave in the post above. That old thread covers just about everything I would answer to you.

As you partly suspect, you do not fall under the meaning of the regulation you have found. You do not meet this basic requirement.

However, there are suggestions on the other thread of ways to get the result you want. A further suggestion, in case your fiancée had any difficulty getting an ordinary visitor's visa, is that you should go back to Turkey and have the wedding there, and start collecting your proof of living together while in her country.
    Thanks for the detailed reply.
    But my fiance family will also be present in the engagement ceremony. Her parents also agreed after she told them.
    Moreover, if her parents had not agreed, this engagement would never had happened.
    How can I prove this fact that this is really an engagement made with the consent of all her family.

Will it be sufficient to show all her family photos in the engagement party.
    Last edited by cdda; 28th November 2014 at 11:19 PM.

This regulation is intended for use by people from a country and cultural background where elders in the family, sometimes with the help of a 'matchmaker' from the community, arrange who their son or daughter will marry. Unless both parties to the marriage belong to such a community (for instance, if they were both from Urdu Indian families who were in touch with one another), this regulation will not cover them with INZ.

This regulation is intended for use by people from a country and cultural background where elders in the family, sometimes with the help of a 'matchmaker' from the community, arrange who their son or daughter will marry. Unless both parties to the marriage belong to such a community (for instance, if they were both from Urdu Indian families who were in touch with one another), this regulation will not cover them with INZ.
    Thank you so much for your help bro.
    I also want to tell that this is NOT my first visit to her family.This is the second visit.I have proof of first visit, where I met with her family so that they can agree to this engagement. Will this first visit also help my case?

Ragarding, the issue of being from the same community...well we are both from the same Muslim community..We can never see each other in person unless our families have agreed for a marriage and the marriage take place according to Islamic traditions.
    What is your suggestion bro? Can I apply for the 3 months fiance visitor visa for her? Thank you so much for your help

Do you have evidence of your families being in contact, or the involvement of elders in your faith in the engagement?

Do you have evidence of your families being in contact, or the involvement of elders in your faith in the engagement?
    Bro,
    In the first visit, my elder brother came with me to Rabat.
    Actually my parents are not living and my elder brother talked for me.
    I have the flight itenrary of my brother and me to Moroco.Also hotel booking.Also emails with her elder brother.
    Can it help?

I also want to add...that during the second visit...next time..her family will be present in the ceremony..and also my family also...i will add this proof also..along with ticekts and hotel stay