Thread: EOI and Points

Default EOI and Points

Hi All,

We have decided to move to NZ, presently living in UK. I wanted to share my points here can someone correct me if I am wrong please

• Experience in Software testing which is in absolute shortage skills (correct me if I am wrong) Experience in absolute shortage skill- 10 points
    • Qualification bonus point - Msc in Information Systems Management from University of Huddersfield (PAR done Level 9 full NZQA is pending) and Bachelors in Information Technology Jawaharlal Nehru Univeristy, Andhra Pradesh, India - Passed out 2007 (I am correct to say this is in exempt list and does't need NZQA?) qualification in absolute shortage skill- 10 points
    • Total experience: 3 years 9 Months : 10 points (all experience gained in UK)
    • Qualification: Msc in Information Systems Management from University of Huddersfield (PAR done Level 9 full NZQA is pending). - 60 points (Assuming NZQA would come back with Level 9)
    • Partner: Having MSc form UK, university of Sussex (Level 9) and Bachelors in Information Technology (Level 8), Jawaharlal Nehru Univeristy, Andhra Pradesh, India - Passed out 2007 - 20 points
      She is also give letters from her work (works for LLoyds Bank UK) confirming English criteria to get the job (working for more than 2 years). In the university certificates it also mentions "Medium: English"

Total : 140 Points.

Can you please correct me if I have gone wrong with calculation of my points. If my qualifications/experience is valid to claim bonus points. Thanks for your time

Regards
    Kumar

It seems your calculations are ok.
    But as you mentioned you have 3 years 9 months experience. If i was at your place, i would have applied after completing 4 years. Because that would give you extra 5 points to make it 145, just to be on the safer side.

One thing you should consider while claiming bonus points for absolute skills shortage, you need bachelors degree at level 7 with 3 years post qualification experience.

I don't see 'Bachelor of Information Technology' on the exempt list. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/47086.htm

Thanks for ur comments . Apologies I should have been more clear, it's. Bachelors of technology in Information Technology

Then I agree - it is exempt.