Thread: Need help! Micro laboratory technician for skilled immigration

Default Need help! Micro laboratory technician for skilled immigration

Hey guyz, so I work as a micro lab technician for food quality testing, and I have food science back ground.
    For the job classification when applying immigration, do I select food technologist or science technicians nec? And from what I found, science technician nec is not on the long term shortage list.....although some ppl told me it was on the list.

Thank you

need more information on your qualification , work experience and also your current role.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    need more information on your qualification , work experience and also your current role.
    Thx for asking, should have provided more details earlier.

I hold a post-graduate diploma in Food Science (Auckland uni), had 2 months of work experience at another micro-lab in New Zealand before I got a permanent at Hill's laboratory.
    My current role is sort of testing food quality micro-biologically, like sample preparation, sample testing, media preparation, subbing and reading. The usual roles if you know how Assure quality and Hill's lab works.

then I'd say ANZSCO 234212, Food Technologist/Scientist. If you have a job and a recognised qualification then focus your EOI only on the 100 points required.

just check though that you Post Grad Diploma is higher or equivalent to a Bachelors Degree?