Thread: EOI essay question

Default EOI essay question

Hey Guys, (Creating a new post as my last post may have hijacked the guys thread)

Had a question about this essay part on the EOI. My ANZSCO code is 313112 ICT CUSTOMER SUPPORT OFFICER

On the ANZSCO link, the job description shows as :

determining software and hardware requirements to provide solutions to problems
    responding to inquiries about software and hardware problems
    adapting existing programs to meet users' requirements
    installing and downloading appropriate software
    ensuring efficient use of applications and equipment
    implementing computer networks
    designing and maintaining websites
    repairing and replacing peripheral equipment such as terminals, printers and modems
    may work in a call centre

I basically do all the stuff except for (designing and maintaining websites). My question is that does this tasks have to be written down in the company's job description as well ? My offer letter which has a job description field is not that detailed (However i come across the ANZSCO tasks daily on my job since I am service desk technician/Helpdesk officer). It doesn't cover all the tasks which ANZSCO has outlined.

It's better if it does. Would your company supply extra information - HR, perhaps? Or can you get a line manager or colleague to give you a letter giving more detail of your responsibilities?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It's better if it does. Would your company supply extra information - HR, perhaps? Or can you get a line manager or colleague to give you a letter giving more detail of your responsibilities?
    Hi JandM

This is the description on my letter

Receive incoming requests from internal customers in person, via telephone or electronic means in a courteous and professional manner
    ? Accurately log request, and apply first time resolution
    ? Communicate updates and resolution timeframes to internal customers
    ? Prioritise and catalogue issues, escalate when necessary to the appropriate internal or external people
    ? Update store network with regular updates on changes
    ? Update the knowledge base with successful resolutions for future use, and ensure post resolution follow-ups are undertaken with the customer
    ? Learn and support new software and hardware implemented as part of the ongoing IT strategy, that is directly associated with the store network
    ? Test fixes to issues before implementing to the end user, including completing test scripts where necessary
    ? Perform hands-on fixes a the desktop level; including installation and upgrade of software and hardware
    ? Evaluate documented resolutions and analyse trends

Would this be enough ?

Just reading this as a lay-person, it looks to me as if it covers most of the same ground but stated in different words. If this was my application, I'd go with it. If the CO has any queries, s/he will ask, and then your line manager or whoever can be asked to reply.