Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can advise me of what would be the likely result if immigration cannot verify documents you've provided them. My partner (Nigerian) and I (a Kiwi) have provided them with everything they have requested for a temporary work visa through partnership. This includes police records, medical certificates, lease agreement, monthly rent receipts in both our names, his single certificate, hundreds of pages of skype correspondence, photos, letters from friends and family and original documents of hospital visits and scans showing we're pregnant.

We gave them everything they needed (and more) to ensure a smooth process so he can move to NZ to be with me as soon as possible. It has now been more than eight weeks and our case officer has repeatedly said the verification process is taking longer than expected. She said she would give us a decision by yesterday, but now says they want to spend a couple more days on the verification and we will have a decision by the end of the week. I'm just wondering what would happen if they can't verify anything, and why wouldn't they be able to? They have not once asked us for any further information, nor have they contacted our family and friends.

This has been an incredibly stressful time for us as we've been apart (him in Nigeria, me in NZ. We previously lived in Thailand together), while we wait - and we are now less than seven weeks away from our baby's due date. He has a clear police record, medical record, we have lived together (4 months) and can show we are in a genuine relationship (photos, letters, correspondence and proof we're expecting a child), so I can't see any reason for his application to be declined.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience where their case officer has had difficulty verifying documents and what was the outcome? Or if anyone has advice on what the outcome may be if they can't verify documents - or what we could do to help?

Thank you.