Thread: Character Wavier

Default Character Wavier

Hi everyone....first post yay

I am currently living in Auckland and have a three year work permit this is due to my partners employment. We are currently in the process of applying for our permanent residency visas. I have been told i will need a character wavier as my case officer found an incomplete working holiday visa application from a couple of years ago. I really dont remember making this application but may have done in inadvertently when looking in to visas and applying for loads of jobs. Anyways it turns out i was turned down for this visa as i didn't complete the process?? I dont think the fact i had applied for the visa matter as makes no difference and i would have declared it if i had known. But now i need a character wavier, this seems to involve a letter from me and some character references from friends, family, employer, ect . Again not really a problem as i have never been in trouble with the law, have worked my whole life and dont lots of community and charity work.

I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with this before and also will this effect my chances of employment, credit, ect?

Many thanks

That's very strange. Are they alleging that you provided false or misleading information, but not declaring that you were previously declined a visa? I'd either be asking then for a copy of that application, so that you can see what happened. it may be, as you say that the case shows in their system as declined, when it fact it probably should have been "withdrawn", or 'returned failed lodgement" I wouldn't be getting too concerned. if the facts are as you have stated, you should simply explain that as far as you know the application was incomplete and never made. If it more than a couple of years ago they would have no hard copy of the application anyway.

Yeah all seems a bit weird but the card paid with was mine so i guess i must have got confused when looking into visas and jobs before. Anyways my immigration expert doesn't seem to panicked by the whole thing so i guess thats a good sign right? she has also just informed my future employees wont be able to see this and its just for the eyes of the government department, and now this forum

that correct. if you have an Adviser working for you, it should be sorted very quickly