Thread: First Entry Date on Visa

Default First Entry Date on Visa

Dear Friends,

My wife has received her partnership based work visa. However her visa condition has the same First entry date condition as mine. She was going to travel couple of months after the first entry date mentioned on the visa.

I wanted to know if its possible to get this date changed. Second if she does not travel what are the repercussions.
    Please advise.

Regards,
    Amit

First entry date condition? Do you mean it says something like, 'The first entry must be before X date'? Or what is the wording?

the visa will be invalid (expire) if first entry is not made by the sated date. INZ may question your relationship if you have too long apart (silly I know but that's the way they think). You'd have to contact the branch that issued the visa and see if they are prepared to alter the first entry date, or they may ask you to lodge a new application.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    First entry date condition? Do you mean it says something like, 'The first entry must be before X date'? Or what is the wording?
    Yes, it's first entry before x date.

Then it's all as ChrisMwn said - on the existing visa, your wife must enter by that date or the visa will lapse. (For these partner-sponsored temporary work visas, normally they are issued for exactly the same time as the main worker's visa, assuming that the ideas is for the partners to stay together.)