Thread: leaving of work or education to make it easier

Default leaving of work or education to make it easier

We should have plenty of points if we leave off either our education (which would need assessed), work experience, or current job offer...

We heard that if we leave ur of it's less work for immigration to verify and goes faster

We really don't want to pay for the Degrees to be assessed

So can we just leave this off

Hi. I would strongly advise not to leave off the current job offer. The existence of a job offer means that you only need 100 points instead of 140 and it also puts you into the priority processing system, meaning it won't take so long to get your answer. There are two factors. If you have the 100 points including a job offer without needing some of the other points, it is fine to leave them off. However, if you need a specific qualification and/or experience to meet the requirements for that occupation in ANZSCO/ Appendix 6 (e.g. must have a degree or five years' relevant experience), you do need to provide evidence of one or the other. If you have claimed points for Long Term Skills Shortage List, you must provide evidence that you meet the requirements. Does this answer your question? Good luck!

If you degrees relate to the job offer, don't they need to either be exempt from assessment or assessed regardless?

Yes - but for some occupations you can substitute the degree for 5 years' relevant experience.

It is for IT Work system admin

If you want the points for Area of Absolute Skills Shortage - you will need to provide evidence that you have a degree that is on the exempt list or that has been given a comparable outcome by NZQA and of three years' work experience. If you are not claiming these AASS points, you just need evidence of 5 years' relevant full-time work experience. If you need to be sure about the points, send me a Private Message and I will provide a link to my website where there is a free questionnaire that asks you the detailed questions that can confirm or challenge your calculation of your points.