Thread: Student visa declined.

Unhappy Student visa declined.

NEED HELP !!

my student visa was declined on 17 october because of short attendance and the letter sayd that i am now liable for deportation . its 30th nov now and i am going to apply uner 61 .
    should i leave the country now and wait for section61 approval back home. or just wait. will i be still deported if i leave country by my self.?

Quote Originally Posted by arsh11 View Post
    NEED HELP !!

my student visa was declined on 17 october because of short attendance and the letter sayd that i am now liable for deportation . its 30th nov now and i am going to apply uner 61 .
    should i leave the country now and wait for section61 approval back home. or just wait. will i be still deported if i leave country by my self.?

You should go back home, mate. It doesn't seem like you came here to study from what you have mentioned above and probably don't have much to appeal with. If they deport you, you'll be banned from coming to NZ for a couple of years or maybe forever, and will face great difficulty getting visas to any country in the world.

If you go back home yourself, that's called self-deportation for which the penalty is a little less harsh.

You shouldn't waste their time really, and yours.
    Last edited by dreammerchant; 2nd December 2014 at 08:23 AM.

Do you have any good grounds for appeal? - in other words, is there any valid reason why your attendance was so short as to get your visa cancelled?

I think dreammerchants words are a little unkind. Practically though, if you leave voluntarily , then you don't risk the 5 year stand down for being deported. INZ expect a 100% attendance record. So, unless you have very very good reason for not attending the course (such as a medical issue) and have been excused by your provider, you would be very unlikely to be granted a new visa, under S61.