Thread: Does Immigration Check Tenancy Tribunal Bond Registry?

Default Does Immigration Check Tenancy Tribunal Bond Registry?

I applied for Residency with my partner, and expect to hear back in a few weeks as to who my immigration officer is.

My question is: Does immigration check with the tenancy tribunal regarding bonds? In other words, would they look up my name to see if I am paying bond for a different location than the address I have listed as my home address?

I rented out a room in a flat as my storage area/part-time office, and filled out paper work, and paid a bond. What I did not realize is that, unlike my home country, my bond is held by the government in New Zealand, thus I am now unintentionally registered by the government as living at my office, which I do not.

Does immigration have the right to check with the tenancy tribunal, and/or make a common practice of it?

Do I need to move out of my office? Or contact immigration and tell them that I have an office? Or not worry about it?

Cheers!
    Last edited by curiousity; 1st December 2014 at 04:17 PM.

never heard of them doing so. They are much more interested in the evidence of you living together that you DO provide.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    never heard of them doing so. They are much more interested in the evidence of you living together that you DO provide.
    Thanks Chris. What's your dealings with immigration?

every day