Thread: EOI - Points for 55 years old Accountant / Auditor from Canada

Default EOI - Points for 55 years old Accountant / Auditor from Canada

My relative from Canada turned 55 recently and wishes to migrate to NZ. She is single and has over 20 years experience working as an Accountant and Auditor in Canada. She is a Canadian CPA and she will be getting the Australian CPA soon due to mutual recognition agreements between to professional accounting bodies of Canada and Australia.

Can someone please point me to some links or resources which will help me in the points calculation. Since the applicant requires 100 points to submit an EOI I am exploring all avenues. Any suggestions to maximise points is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance

See here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/6954.htm SM6 has a chart listing all available points, with the last column showing which other section has the exact regulations for being able to claim.

You should be aware that, the way the NZ government has set the immigration quotas at present, only those with 140 points without a job offer can expect to be selected. 100 points WITH a job offer will be selected.

apart from her (pending) CPA what is here highest qualification? A B.Comm ? from where?

Thanks you so much for sharing this link. I was also looking for same for my uncle professor Aloke Ghosh. He is highly experience in the field of accounting and finance with a great track record.

At 55 they wouldn't be able to apply under the skilled migration category, unfortunately, and this would limit the number of options for attaining residence. Temporary work visas don't have the same age restriction, I think, but they also don't lead to residence in and of themselves.

https://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/mo...-migrant-visas

There are other options if they have capital to invest.

Someone who IS NOW 55 can apply for Residence, if they meet the requirements in other ways. As long as the application is in and registered while they are 55, the case will continue to be worked even if their 56th birthday happens before the processing is complete.

That's good to know. I thought 55th birthday was the cut off

Just to add, the ridiculous thing is that this is relevant to my own situation and I've been reading it wrong all this time! I'm very pleased to find that we have an additional almost-year

What a good job you made a comment, then!