Thread: ITA queries

Default ITA queries

Hi Seniors,

My name is Vitul Raj recently got ITA from NZ Shanghai Branch. I have 140 points in the EOI and successfully received the ITA. I am a mechanical engineer by profession and I used IPENZ letter of assessment for claiming all the bonus points. and I have also used my wife's qualification to claim 20 points in the EOI. Me and my wife have the PAR result (both have level 9).

My question is: Whether we need to go for IQA assessment from NZQA. I heard that if I have the letter of assessment from IPENZ, i dont need to go for IQA assessment. Can you please advice on the same.

Thanks in advance.

What is your wife's qualification?

Hi JandM,

Thanks for the reply. My wife's qualification is Master's degree in computer science. We have the PAR results only (level 9 assessed for both of us). Please advice.
    Also clarify if my wife need to take IELTS exam. ( i already have IELTS score, more than 6.5 in all the modules).

If you want/need to claim points for your wife's qualification, EITHER it must appear on the INZ qualifications exempt from assessment list, OR it will have to be assessed by NZQA (for IQA). Also, she must prove her English ability to the same level as a principal applicant - this doesn't necessarily involve IELTS if she has one of the other kinds of acceptable proof. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41495.htm

Thanks jandM.
    Can you advice on my case, do I still need to go for IQA process in-spite of having assessment letter from IPENZ. Thanks in advance.

See here. http://skillshortages.immigration.go...dical-engineer
    Requirements to claim bonus points

One of the following qualifications:
    - A relevant Washington Accord accredited undergraduate engineering degree (listed - see Note 4)
    - A relevant qualification comparable to:
    (a) a Bachelor of Engineering (NZQF Level 7), or
    (b) a Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (NZQF Level 8)
    - A relevant qualification at NZQF Level 7 or higher with a letter from IPENZ certifying that the degree and any further learning meets the academic requirements for registration as a Chartered Professional Engineer in New Zealand
    OR
    NZ registration as a Chartered Professional Engineer by the Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand.
    (my bolding)

So as long as you have registration with IPENZ, you don't need IQA.

Thanks again JandM :-)

@jandM,

One more clarification required. Kindly advice. Do I need to submit original IELTS test report and original IQA results(for my wife) for the ITA submission ?

Thanks in advance.

You need to send either the originals, or certified copies. See page 5 of the guide, here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1105.pdf

Thanks JandM
    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You need to send either the originals, or certified copies. See page 5 of the guide, here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1105.pdf