Thread: Plumber/Gas fitter

Question Plumber/Gas fitter

First visit to the Forum. So much useful information.
    We have been planning a move to NZ for some time but our visit in March finally convinced us. So now all the hard work begins!
    I am a Corgi registered Plumber here in the UK but it looks like I will need a job offer to get enough points. Has anyone got any useful contacts 'on the ground' so to speak? Have visited numerous recruitment agency websites, spoke to Priority One and we are going to Manchester Expo this weekend. Geographical location not certain yet but South Island has such appeal.(Nelson etc). Schools look great for the kids.
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Paul

Hi Paul.

Im a plumber(not corgi) & I am hoping to go over early next year.We are waiting for the telephone interview,should be any day now .
    I have sent off a few applications via the net & had a couple of replies,although there was no job offers .
    I qualified easily with no job offer so I cant see you needing one .

Im visiting the expo this weekend too,hoping to get more info aswell.

All the best
    Neil

Plumbers are always needed over here. We live in Morrinsville ( Near Hamilton) and know the local plumbing and heating guys quite well (done lots of work for us). They are always lookng for good plumbers. Could sound them out if you wish, but we are on North Island. This is a great area to live, with Hamilton being the hub.

Will check out Waikato Times this weekend for the number of Plumber vacancies.

Pam & Dave

Quote Originally Posted by acisman
    Plumbers are always needed over here. We live in Morrinsville ( Near Hamilton) and know the local plumbing and heating guys quite well (done lots of work for us). They are always lookng for good plumbers. Could sound them out if you wish, but we are on North Island. This is a great area to live, with Hamilton being the hub.

Will check out Waikato Times this weekend for the number of Plumber vacancies.

Pam & Dave
    thanks Pam & Dave

That would be great if you could let me know what vacancies there are!

thanks again
    Neil

Hi Paul

Congratulations on your 1st post and welcome to the forum.

How many points will you have with/without job offer?

Don't know much about plumbing/gas stuff here at all (and have only been here 2+ weeks) but will keep my eyes open when reading paper etc and let you know if I see anything.

Have a good day at the expo.

Deborah

Hi Neil, Emma and kids
    Thanks for the reply. A busy week in the plumbing arena again!
    I think I just fall short of the 100 points on 2 counts. I am 46 so not many points for age. Also I had a major career change and re-trained as a plumber 3-4 years ago and so can probably only claim points for my work experience relevant to the skilled migrant category and not my work experience in the HR recruitment industry.
    How long has it taken from your EOI to the current stage you are at? Good luck with the interview.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H
    Hi Neil, Emma and kids
    Thanks for the reply. A busy week in the plumbing arena again!
    I think I just fall short of the 100 points on 2 counts. I am 46 so not many points for age. Also I had a major career change and re-trained as a plumber 3-4 years ago and so can probably only claim points for my work experience relevant to the skilled migrant category and not my work experience in the HR recruitment industry.
    How long has it taken from your EOI to the current stage you are at? Good luck with the interview.
    Paul
    Hi there,
    It has taken about 18 months to get this far,I hope its worth it
    good luck

This is an old thread now which I will bump up.

I am watching to see if I can offer anyone any help with the subject of Plumbing and Gasfitting in NZ.

Paul H. I have seen a post from you elsewhere and have sent you a PM.
    Please get in contact for some guidance.

cheers