Thread: Resident Approved - my timeline

Default Resident Approved - my timeline

Hey guys,

This forum have been very helpful with my application journey, so I feel obliged to return the value it has brought me. I was on work visa when I entered New Zealand last year July 2013, well actually a work to residence visa under accredited employer. Having said that, I don't want to wait for 2 years to apply for residency so might as well apply earlier. I ask this on this forum few months ago. And there you go, here is my timeline.

From the start of the application (EOI) I already prepared an excel file to document my history of my application.

27-May-14 Expression of Interest submitted and paid
    28-May-14 EOI selected
    6-Jun-14 Invitation to Apply Received
    3-Oct-14 ITA submitted
    13-Oct-14 Original Documents returned
    15-Nov-14 CO Assigned
    Requested - Tax Summary, Payslip, Evidence of Partnership
    25-Nov-14 Submitted additional partnership evidence
    27-Nov-14 Approval in Principle
    28-Nov-14 Submitted passport for stamping and migrant levy payment
    4-Dec-14 INZ called that my passport ready for collection
    5-Dec-14 Passport return with sticker

So this is an advanced post since I will be collecting my passport tomorrow.

Good luck!!

Congratulations.

Congratulations

Which branch processed your case? Mine is almost the same timelines but sitting with 2nd person check for 2 weeks....

@kamn1245 it is in Auckland Central branch. I noticed that it will vary and really depends on the CO. I have some method though that helps the CO to assess and help answer her/his question which is I include a cover letter that detailed/explain each one the supporting documents and at the same time put a number on it. In this case, he/she will not overwhelmed by the number of documents I have sent her. My evidence of partnership which includes my wife have almost 300 pages, but she can easily track it because of the covering letter, by looking alone the covering letter she know whats inside the envelope and so make her processing a bit faster. Hope that helps:

@prince_azon...Thanks for your detailed reply. I got an updated from INZ they are saying they are waiting on national security checks. Let's see how long it going to take. Thanks!!!