Thread: NZ Skilled Employment - Software Engineer equal to Solution Architect?

Default NZ Skilled Employment - Software Engineer equal to Solution Architect?

In my eligibility assessment they mention that I can only apply for roles such as a ICT Project Manager or Software Engineer.

I am a Solutions Architect. Is the role name important and should it be only Software Engineer, or does the job roles such as Solutions Architect fall under a classification of Software Engineer?

What you need is for the description of the responsibilities of the particular employment to match the description given under ANZSCO for your stated path as closely as possible. The name given to your job by the employer can be whatever the boss decides to make it - whatever makes sense in his business - so the job title is irrelevant, really.

See here http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....ns+Programmers for the various descriptions under the heading Software Engineer. Without being familiar with any such job, I wonder if the last (nec - not elsewhere classified) might cover your work, if one of the previous ones doesn't.

Thanks JandM, I do see Software Architect under the Software Engineering category.

Hi Charlesa,

Software Architect / Solution Architect job role are more close to Software Development than Project Management/ Consulting stream.